Resume – William Brake
William A. Brake, P.E.
Summary of qualifications
2000 – Present: Swiss Valley Associates – Sardis, OH
Serving Southeast Ohio with expert Project and Construction Management services. See description below.
1986 – Present: Brake Engineering Consulting – Sardis, OH
Senior Consulting Engineer – Owner
- Extensive project engineering experience serving government, industry, and the general public.
- Responsibilities include: problem definition, investigation of alternative solutions, estimating, financial search assistance and grant applications, design calculations and drawings, job specifications and bidding, inspection, and construction management.
- Typical projects include: water supply, treatment, storage and distribution systems, wastewater collection and treatment, pavement design and construction, storm water drainage, small bridges, site development, building design and permits, HVAC, material handling systems, industrial machinery design and layout, electrical and control systems design, micro-computer hardware and software consulting, GIS, GPS, and computer mapping.
Prior professional experience
1974 – 1986: Ormet Corporation – Hannibal, OH
Senior Project Engineer/Senior Production Engineer
- Total project management responsibilities for plant improvement and modernization projects to $5 million.
- Production engineer for carbon anode baking facility.
- State of Ohio certified pressure piping inspector.
1970 – 1974: Ohio Power Company – Mitchell Plant – Moundsville, WV
- Construction, start-up, and performance testing of a new 1600 MW power plant including boilers, turbines generators, pumps, condensers, heat exchangers and fans.
- Ground control surveying for aerial photogrammetric work.
- Supervision of instrument technicians.
- Professional Engineer #E-51790 State of Ohio
- Professional Engineer #015714 State of West Virginia
- 1970 Present Continuing education seminars including: automated mapping, supervisory and management training, wastewater systems for small communities, and OhioEPA wastewater reuse seminar.
- 1967 1970 University of Akron B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 1965 1967 Kent State University Pre-engineering program
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers
- American Water Works Association